Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cover Letter


Sandra Witherspoon
M. Tetterton
English 1200-80
2 May 2012
Cover Letter
            To start off I would like to thank you for being an amazing teacher, and say that I am glad to have had you all year, and as my only English teacher I will have during my college experience. Well, hopefully anyways. J I have grown tremendously in this class not only from as a high school writer to a college one, but from English 1100 to now. I have learned more things and became more accustomed to the things I learned in 1100.
            I have learned revision and description in any amount is the key to good writing. Before I really was not keen on other people reading my work, I am getting use to that more now. I have learned that letting someone else read it will make it much much better. That way they will be able to catch things that I would not have been able to because I already have it in my head as to what I was trying to say. Also, if something is not as clear as it should be they can tell me that and I can fix it. These are two very important things in the revision process. So thanks!
I also became more comfortable in adding my own voice in my writing. So hopefully when you read my projects you were able to see that they were mine without even looking at the name. I am still trying to figure out if that is a bad or good thing, because I sure do like to talk. J Well having it in doses should not be a problem as long as it goes with the paper.
Well anyways, thanks so much for being an amazing teacher once again. Good luck with your book! I will buy it as soon as it comes out! Also, good luck with your future plans if that is staying here at ECU, teaching at another school or moving out of the country! Have an amazing summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment